Santa Teresa’s 5 Best Places To Surf In Costa RicaOctober 5, 2020
Updated Cancellation PolicyOctober 14, 2020
The USA just announced a new travel requirement. Starting on January 26th everyone flying into the USA (foreigners and US citizens) must present a negative Covid test that was taken within 3-days of departure. Click here for the requirements. In our beachside village, there is a testing facility called LifeGuard Santa Teresa that will come to our retreat hotel and administer the test. They charge $150 for the test. We will help organize this test for you.
The information below is always evolving and contains as much detail that we know at this moment. We will be continuing to update this article when we have more information. Please send us an email if you have any questions that are not answered below.
Requirements to Enter Costa Rica
Tourists wishing to enter Costa Rica must comply with these requirements:
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance – international or purchased in Costa Rica through:
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued because of the pandemic.
Click here for a detailed breakdown of requirements and authorized states/countries, as written by the Costa Rica Tourism Board.
Retreat COVID-19 Protocols
- Wearing a mask is compulsory for all guests while in a communal space, when 2-meter distancing cannot be observed.
- Only hotel guests are allowed on the premises.
- The hotel will have: hand sanitizers and masks in social areas (Restaurants / SPA / Reception)
- Housekeeping has implemented a more frequent cleaning schedule for the air conditioning filters.
- Cleaning staff will wear gloves and if necessary masks when working in social areas and bathrooms.
- Restaurant: It is mandatory for restaurant staff to always wear gloves and face masks