Tropical fruit smoothies, fresh-caught fish, organic vegetables, beachfront meals at local restaurants, custom cuisine for any dietary need, and daily specials from one of Costa Rica’s most renowned chefs, Randy Siles. Our all-inclusive surf retreats take care of every detail!
Innovative, Healthy, Costa Rican Cuisine
Our retreat chef, Randy Siles, is a world-renowned master of healthy, delicious, and sustainable cuisine, and was recently named as Costa Rica’s Chef Ambassador for the National Plan of Sustainable and Healthy Gastronomy.
Focusing on the fusion style called “Author Cuisine,” Siles uses locally-sourced ingredients to craft original, creative dishes that highlight bright flavors and imaginative pairings. By using native produce and buying locally as much as possible, Siles creates fresh, exciting dishes with a Costa Rican flare.
What’s a vacation without amazing food?
At our women’s surf camp and yoga retreats, we make your experience extra special by serving up healthy, delicious meals that highlight the local cuisine and culture.
Many of our meals are enjoyed at our hotel’s beachfront, gourmet restaurant, Shambala. Chef Siles skillfully creates gourmet art fusing flavors into delicious, fresh and healthy dishes that tantalize your taste buds.
Looking to venture out and explore the “comida local” (local cuisine)? Claro que si! It’s “your choice” for dinner, and our VIP restaurant voucher will give you entrance to some of the best restaurants in town.
We cater to a wide variety of dietary restrictions:
Please let us know if you have a dietary restriction when you book and we’ll happily accommodate your needs.
A Sample of Surf Camp Cuisine
- Seasonal tropical fruit platter
- Detox smoothies and fresh-made juices
- Hot tea and coffee (a Costa Rican roast, of course!)
- Santa Teresa’s best breakfast burritos
- Fluffy pancakes and honey-drizzled french toast
- Tangy yogurt and homemade granola
- A local fave: “Gallo Pinto” (beans and rice with fresh herbs)
- Scrambled eggs served with avocado and pico de gallo
- Superfood Salad with kale, quinoa, seeds, nuts, in a mandarin vinaigrette
- Tropical fish tacos served with plantains and lime
- Falafel pita, schnitzel, or Mediterranean salad with homemade hummus
- Grilled chicken and mango salad
- Woodfired pizza (add a cold beer for a perfect post-surf meal!)
- Shambala’s signature burger with hand-cut fries
- Local fave: Casado (rice and beans served with choice of meat and salad)
Dinner on the Town
- Locally caught Ahi and daily fish specials
- Argentinian fire-roasted chicken
- Pan-seared steak with rosemary mashed potatoes
- Sushi, sashimi, pork gyoza, and black mussels
- Fresh-caught lobster with garlic butter sauce
- Spinach enchiladas in a molé sauce (add a jalapeño margarita for an extra kick!)
- Eggplant parmesan with handmade pasta ribbons
- Grilled Pumpkin and Farro salad
- Passion fruit creme brulee, or flourless dark chocolate cake with raspberry coulee